Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Another steampunk pendant - Time Fairy

Finished this pendant necklace a few days ago, and named it "Time Fairy". Some of you may remember a mixed media collage I did recently, with the same name, which I posted on May 14th. I took a picture of it, reduced it in size, printed it out, and turned it into an oblong cabochon using polymer clay and resin. Added bits and pieces and made it into a pendant. It's really difficult to photograph the cab because of its highly reflective surface. In real life, the picture in the cab actually looks a lot clearer, and the piece is also quite sparkly because of all the crystals. The little key at the top of the pendant was bright golden in colour when I bought it, and I used a combination of ammonia and a Verdigris solution to give it this lovely patina, which I'm really pleased with. The style is obviously quite different from my other steampunk pendant "Cheshire Cat", as I wanted to experiment and see which I like better. What do you think? I really enjoy making these and have another design in mind which I will get to when I have time. Again, please click on the pictures for larger views. Hope you like!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment, Eva Maria. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work reminds me of lalique with that amazing use of jewel tones. The gears are such a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for your kind remarks, Sandy. Those gears and cogs are so much fun to use - I can't help adding them to my pieces, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! Simply stunning! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again for your comments, Christie. Glad you like my Time Fairy. :)

    ReplyDelete